Sunday, April 6, 2008

In the sink?

It is 8:57 pm here in our town USA, and Shelly's about to wash the baby's in the sink.  At first I though that it was odd timing but the sink is clean and the twins will be up for a while any way.  We just got back from spending the weekend at my folk's place watching General Conference.  We don't have TV and it's easier to not pay attention listening to the radio.  We have a television set for watching video's and DVDs but if we had cable or even an antenna I would spend all day stuck to it and the girl's would think that they needed whatever it is that commercials promote these days.  

I though that it would be cute to have Shelly describe a typical day at the Zaugg home... but like I said earlier she's bathing one at the moment (Asher is parked on my lap), and I don't want to wait so you will get the less articulate more dramatic Chad version:

6am After feeding the twins Shelly goes downstairs to the girl's room to wake Chad up for either school (M,W,S) or work (T, Th, F). 

7:30am (school) 7:45 (work) Chad leaves the house forgetting in his stupor to take out the trash or start a load of laundry.

7:32am Ruby June wakes Shelly up for 36 toys, 1 sippy cup of warm milk, and a movie from the library.  

7:35am Shelly crawls back in bed.

7:36am - 12:37ish pm Shelly is carrying at least one if not two babies, has been in a constant state of: diaper changing, breast feeding, baby burping, and tyring (with limited success) to keep Ruby from breaking 2 dozen eggs on the kitchen floor while Ember is dumping any fluid/ointment she can get her hands on in her hair, eyes, under our sheets, or just down the drain.

12:37ish pm (T, Th, F) Chad comes home for lunch (nice I know), makes himself a sandwich while Shelly diffuses the situation or Shelly make Chad a sandwich while Chad hold 1 or 2 babies, or puts Junie down for a nap.

1:15ish pm (T, Th, F) Chad heads back to work.  

1:16ish - on  Ember coaches Ruby more on how to pull ironed shirts off hangers, how to get soap in eyes/hair/clothes/refrigerator/green couch and so on, while Shelly feeds twins with one hand and straightens up after the girls with the other. 

At some point after either school or work Chad comes home and crashes to the dry spot on the couch after kicking off shoes and pretending dinner was waiting for him.

Chad remembers that he should have started the laundry, moved the laundry, or at least taken out the trash earlier that day.

5 sec. later - 9ish pm Feeding, burping, meal prep, playing with girls, partial homework.

9ish - 10:37ish  round up girls, potty time, pj's, prayer, warm sippies and kiss mommy goodnight (sometimes this part takes a few trys).

10:37ish-who knows when am/pm: Chad lays in bed with girls while Shelly wrestles the twins to sleep and straightens up a bit.  

At this point Shelly may fall asleep on the green couch, I may wake up and come up stairs, Shelly will search the world wide web for the world greatest cloth diapers, Chad will finish up the before mentioned homework, or... add to this blog.

Sometime early am Shelly and or Chad comes to bed.

5 min later Ember crawls into our bed.


3 comments:

Byran and Diana said...

It's to see what i have to look forward to when we have more kids. Busy, busy, busy!

Stefanek Fam Damily said...

hi guys, i'm glad you started a blog. i will add you to mine. what a crazy busy life you all have but you seem to handle it very well. i am impressed. the kids of course are adorable. can't wait to see more pics!

Kendell said...

Wow, I have it so easy! I had no idea! In so many ways I don't miss having a baby around. Maybe everytime I want one REALLY bad I will just come here and read this! I love you and all your crazy little kids! Oh and your super wife...She has to have super powers to do all that!