One of my favorite books is Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged". But sometimes I can't help but think that John Galt was a bit of a wimp. He took the easy way out. He asked a few key people a few logical questions. (Spoiler Warning) And they all got out of Dodge. Easy. I suggest the truly heroic. Lets try this. Live off minimum wage. If you'd like to send a powerful message to the powers that be, spend as if you are only earning minimum wage. Pay off all of your debts, set aside some food storage, savings, and then dump all of your now disposable income into helping others and promoting the above. We are still the largest consumer base on the planet. We vote with the democracy of our dollar. If we purchase cheep crap from China we are saying yes to what is still wrong with China. If we keep putting gas in our cars we are voting YES raise the price. We are democracy, we get what we consume, we are what we eat. We can't blame this on politicians, lawyers or forging governments. We bought this world and we will have to pay for it. So I say lets take the path less traveled. Don't worship the economy with superfluous purchases. Don't sell yourselves into slavery for credit. Let it fall. Let it die. Move on. Our fore fathers didn't found this nation on "We the CEO's in order to worship the Economy, and provide for our endless desires..." No. it's "We the People in order to form a more perfect Union...". If we buy it we are saying that we approve. I urge you to stop approving. By not spending.
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Up on the Soap Box
One of my favorite books is Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged". But sometimes I can't help but think that John Galt was a bit of a wimp. He took the easy way out. He asked a few key people a few logical questions. (Spoiler Warning) And they all got out of Dodge. Easy. I suggest the truly heroic. Lets try this. Live off minimum wage. If you'd like to send a powerful message to the powers that be, spend as if you are only earning minimum wage. Pay off all of your debts, set aside some food storage, savings, and then dump all of your now disposable income into helping others and promoting the above. We are still the largest consumer base on the planet. We vote with the democracy of our dollar. If we purchase cheep crap from China we are saying yes to what is still wrong with China. If we keep putting gas in our cars we are voting YES raise the price. We are democracy, we get what we consume, we are what we eat. We can't blame this on politicians, lawyers or forging governments. We bought this world and we will have to pay for it. So I say lets take the path less traveled. Don't worship the economy with superfluous purchases. Don't sell yourselves into slavery for credit. Let it fall. Let it die. Move on. Our fore fathers didn't found this nation on "We the CEO's in order to worship the Economy, and provide for our endless desires..." No. it's "We the People in order to form a more perfect Union...". If we buy it we are saying that we approve. I urge you to stop approving. By not spending.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm "sticking to the man" by paying off debt. China's not getting a dime of it.
By "it" I meant the economic stimulus package.
Post a Comment